Our Story & Our Pledge: Award-Winning All-Natural Pet Nutrition
Our story: Clear Conscience Pet® was founded in 2010 to create holistically formulated, cleanly sourced, and artisan prepared nutritional products for dogs and cats. The company is family-owned and was started by two pioneers of the natural pet food movement with over twenty years of experience in the field. Their dream and vision was to follow a philosophy of uncompromising quality, ethics, and dedication to animals to go far beyond the products of the past and reinvent in all categories to set a new standard for the future.
What we make: Clear Conscience creates delicious and healthy natural and holistic pet treats, natural dog chews, and organic grain free dog biscuits, as well as nutrient and taste enhancing pet food toppers. The company has developed and owns the following brands:
- SLIDERS® brand “holistic pub” snacks for dogs
- SuperGravy® pet food toppers: Holistic Instant dry pet gravy mixes
- OSV™ Omega + SuperVeggie Enhanced Treats and Chews
- Cruncherz™ Organic Grain-free and gluten-free biscuits
• ALL NATURAL: No artifical preservatives, flavors, colors, synthetic supplements or GMO ingredients
• MADE IN THE USA with pride at the artisan level of excellence & quality
• WE SUPPORT sustainable farming, humane livestock husbandry and fair trade practices
• 100% GUARANTEED to naturally delight your animal companions
Awards for nutritional excellence and innovation:
Clear Conscience Pet® has been honored with six national awards for excellence in pet nutrition:
- Pet Product News International: Editor’s Choice Award for 2011 for OSV™ Nutrient Enhanced Treats and Chews [add small award logos to all of these]
- Pet Age: Green Spirit Award for 2012 for Bison Tendy Chewz™ OSV™ Nutrient Enhanced Treats and Chews
- Virgo Publishing/ Supply Side Expo: Animal Nutrition Award for 2012: for SuperGravy® Holistic Instant dry pet gravy mixes
- Dogington Post: Best Pet Treat of the Year for 2012 for Lamb Airy Bites™ with OSV™
- Doggies and Stuff: Best in Show Food Topper: Blue Ribbon for 2012: for SuperGravy® Holistic Instant dry pet gravy mixes
All Clear Conscience Pet® products are made in the U.S.A. from the highest quality, human grade, all natural ingredients. We have worked extensively to develop a network of family ranchers, farmers, and processors with an emphasis on free-range, grass-fed, or organically raisedsources. All meat ingredients are required to come from government inspected, humane audited facilities. We do extensive testing of ingredients as well as finished products to insure safety and wholesomeness.
Our products are all unique and exclusive to Clear Conscience Pet®. All were formulated by CCP Founder Anthony Bennie with the assistance of veterinary nutritionists. Anthony has an extensive background in natural pet nutrition including multiple magazine article publications, presenting nutrition seminars at veterinary colleges, training thousands of natural pet food retailers, and consultation for well-known natural pet food manufacturers.
We follow a nutritional philosophy that insists on a HOLISTIC and “intentful” approach to the feeding of dogs and cats. This means that all products are formulated with the awareness that dogs and cats are primarily carnivores and thus should be fed a diet centered on natural meat proteins such as fresh muscle meats and nutrient rich organ meats. We believe that science and intrinsic biology dictate a diet for dogs and cats that is very low in carbohydrates and preferably grain free and gluten free. The result is a new family of holistic and organic pet treats, chews, and food toppers that is in harmonious alignment with the most current thinking and research in twenty-first century holistic and natural pet nutrition.
Anthony Bennie started as a natural pet food sales manager in 1991, and started his independent sales and marketing firm, PetReps, Inc., in 1995. PetReps played a pivotal role in the history and development of the holistic and natural pet nutrition industry as an independent partner to the company that became the leader in the emerging field of holistic pet foods and treats. He has published numerous articles in the field of natural canine nutrition, and has been a guest lecturer at several major university veterinary colleges including Cornell University,North Carolina State University at Raleigh, and the University of Florida at Gainesville. Throughout his career, Anthony has also trained thousands of pet retailers to effectively recommend appropriate natural pet nutrition in their stores.
Amanda Malone Bennie, Co-Founder, was the Co-Manager of the Earth Animal retail store in Westport, Connecticut for 10 years, from 1994-2004. In that capacity, Amanda personally counseled thousands of dog and cat guardians towards a healthier life for their companions. Earth Animal was one of the very first retail, mail order, and online pioneers in natural and holistic pet care, and was founded by Dr. Bob Goldstein, VMD, and Susan Goldstein.